I, even I, am the Lord, And besides Me there is no saviour. (Isaiah 43:11)
And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Saviour of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. (1 John 4:14 ESV)
We note four things:
- There is one God. He is the Lord God Jehovah and is also called The Lord God Saves . If you are a Jew, His name is I Am . If you are not a Jew, "He is the God who made the world and everything in it": He is the Lord of heaven and earth.
- God is Holy:
- And Moses said to Aaron, "This is what the Lord spoke, saying: 'By those who come near Me I must be regarded as holy; And before all the people I must be glorified.'" Leviticus 10:3 (NKJV)
- Man sinned and from this everyone has sinned, even the most holy pious person.
- The punishment for Sin is death: The wages of sin is death.
There is need of salvation
Hence we have a problem: All of humanity was destined for death. The hardest thing for any person to accept is that there is nothing whatsoever good in him or her, that is if we compare ourselves with God, His glory would so overwhelm us that we would die looking at Him.
- The Old Testament shows the principle of the acceptable method to deal with sin.
- The Bible teaches that sin cannot be glossed over: God has to deal with it because he is holy.
- Once you have sinned you have been stained for ever: stained by corrupt flesh as the book of Jude put it. Hence sin must be dealt with; both intentional sin and un-intentional sin.
- Sin can only be dealt with by the shedding of blood.
And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission. Hebrews 9:22 (NKJV)
Satan's biggest lie these days is the notion that there is no here-after: that at death we are return just to dust. Yet we all have souls - the very nature of each one us resides in the soul. Your soul is either lost to an eternity separated from God, or saved:
.. cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth." Matthew 13:50 (NKJV)
God came in the flesh
Human's required a sacrifice that could be the substitute for himself. This was Jesus Christ, God in the flesh.
If God became flesh, there are some very special characteristics about Him. We are not left in the dark concerning his nature and character: in the old testament there are at least two, if not three characters what are types of Christ: these are shadows of what and who the Messiah actually was , but nevertheless gives us evidence of the character of the person of Jesus
God came in the flesh as the Son
God was manifested in the flesh (KJV) or He appeared in a body, (NIV)
- Jesus is the Son of God
- Jesus Chris is the Messiah
- Jesus is God who came in flesh. (we will know He came and was crucified because He still bares the marks of the Cross - see The Revelation))
- Jesus Christ the Messiah came to save us from our sins
- He redeemed us from the curse of the law, which we could never keep
- He has died for our sin, and hence if will allow him to bear our punishment we are saved.
- Jesus Christ the risen Son of God is acting as our mediator between us and God, if you accept him as our mediator
Salvation is only in Jesus
Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12 (NKJV)
- But there is a hope in Christ Jesus. No-one need fall into the clutches of hell. Hell was built for Satan and his angels, not humans - but billions will be cast into hell because they have rejected the Lord God Jehovah (Yahweh).
- You need to submit: if you rule your life you have no hope, because a ruler of his own life must provide the means to deal with sin, and the wages of sin is death.
- You need to accept the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God.
- You need to let Christ rule your life - because as rule he provides, through his own suffering, the passage to salvation.
For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of [rule over] both the dead and the living. Romans 14:9 (NKJV)
What must I do to be saved?
So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household." Acts 16:31 (NKJV)
If you are saved
and He [Christ] died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again. 2 Corinthians 5:15 (NKJV)